NASMM 2023 Annual Conference & Expo Learning Lab Submission Form
Landing in the coolest city in the Midwest, Kansas City, NASMM members are excited to gather for NASMM's 2023 Annual Conference, "The Power of Us!" This event is an inclusive opportunity for all NASMM members to engage in exceptional learning experiences for professional development, individual productivity, and organizational success.
Do you have experience and/or expertise in any of the areas noted below, and are you willing to present a one-hour session at NASMM 2023 at the Loews Kansas City, in Kansas City, MO? Do you know one (or two) other people within NASMM with whom you’d like to present? We’d love to hear from you!
What we’re looking for in 2023
While we welcome and encourage ALL education proposals for consideration, we want to share our “wish list” for NASMM 2023. An invited group of seven diverse NASMM members highlighted these topics as areas of ongoing interest. Our list is like the old Sears Christmas catalog (Remember The Wish Book?): We want everything…but know we can’t have it all.
- Leadership Development for Small Business Owners
- Strategies for Reaching Baby Boomers
- Trends in the Senior Living Industry
- Additional Sources of Revenue for Move Managers
- Managing Expectations for a New Generation of Consumer
- Core Business Training (What Do I Need to Do & How Do I Do It?)
- Resolving Conflict – Among Your Clients, Families & Employees
- How to Build a Great Team: Hiring Slow, Firing Fast & Other HR Wisdom
- Mental Health
- What is our responsibility to our employees?
- Work-Life Harmony for Us & Our Employees
- Analyzing Profitability
- What’s the ACTUAL number we need to determine our profitability?
- Estimating (& Exploring New Tech for Estimating)
- Aging In Place/Universal Design
- Packing Hacks
- Space Planning
- High End Specialty Moves
- Concierge Services
- SEO Optimization for Our Websites
- How Do Consumers Find Us?
- Advanced Social Media Strategies & Success Stories
- Your Best Marketing Tools – Show & Tell
- Shifting Our Marketing Mindset to Boomers (vs. Greatest & Silent Generations of the Past)
- Overcoming Client Price Shock & Highlighting Our Value
- Negotiating contracts with Senior Living Communities
- Dementia Training
- Aging Issues Expertise
- Customizing Our Client Experience
- Client/Family Dynamics & Communication
- Software Tools to Help Move Managers
About the Review Process All proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Ability to Inspire Action
- Overall Quality
- Relevance Specific to NASMM's Membership
Key Points to Remember:
- This step is just the proposal! Your entire session does not need to be submitted in its entirety. Just give us a good snapshot! There’s plenty of time for all those pesky details later.
- Proposal must be received by Friday, March 31, 2023
- All selected faculty will be given a special code for a $250 discount on their conference registration.
- All selected faculty will receive 2.0 CE credits towards NASMM SMM~C certification & renewal (vs. 1.0 CE credit for attending the session).
- Panel presentations must be limited to three (3) presenters.
Thank you in advance for your time and for sharing your ideas, expertise, and leadership. If you have questions, please reach out at any time.
Mary Kay Buysse
Executive Team NASMM