The Great Ideas Conference: Learning at the Lake takes us to Chicago - the Windy City! This event is an inclusive opportunity for all NASMM members to engage in exceptional learning experiences for professional development, individual productivity, and organizational success.
Do you have experience and/or expertise in any of the areas noted below, and are you willing to present a one-hour session at NASMM 2024 at the Fairmont Hotel, Milennium Park, in downtown Chicago? Do you know one (or two) other people within NASMM with whom you’d like to present? We’d love to hear from you!
What we’re looking for in 2024 While we welcome and encourage ALL education proposals for consideration, we want to share our “wish list” for NASMM 2024. An invited group of seven diverse NASMM members highlighted these topics as areas of ongoing interest. Our list is like the old Sears Christmas catalog (Remember The Wish Book?): We want everything…but know we can’t have it all. Here's hoping:
Team Leads & Staff
- Safety Training
- Quality Improvement
- Technical Skills Development
- Soft Skills Development
- Team Development/Communication
- Leadership Development for Small Business Owners
- Strategies for Reaching Baby Boomers
- Trends in the Senior Living Industry
- Additional Sources of Revenue for Move Managers
- Managing Expectations for a New Generation of Consumer
- Core Business Training (What Do I Need to Do & How Do I Do It?)
- Resolving Conflict – Among Your Clients, Families & Employees
- How to Build a Great Team: Hiring Slow, Firing Fast & Other HR Wisdom
- Mental Health
- Team Development/Employee Engagement
- Work-Life Harmony for Us & Our Employees
- Analyzing Profitability
- What’s the ACTUAL number we need to determine our profitability?
- Estimating (& Exploring New Tech for Estimating)
- Aging In Place/Universal Design
- Packing Hacks
- Space Planning
- High End Specialty Moves
- Concierge Services
- SEO Optimization for Our Websites
- How Do Consumers Find Us?
- Advanced Social Media Strategies & Success Stories
- Your Best Marketing Tools – Show & Tell
- Shifting Our Marketing Mindset to Boomers (vs. Greatest & Silent Generations of the Past)
- Overcoming Client Price Shock & Highlighting Our Value
- Negotiating contracts with Senior Living Communities
- Dementia Training
- Aging Issues Expertise
- Customizing Our Client Experience
- Client/Family Dynamics & Communication
- Software Tools to Help Move Managers
About the Review Process All proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Ability to Inspire Action
- Overall Quality
- Relevance Specific to NASMM's Membership
Key Points to Remember:
- This step is just the proposal! Your entire session does not need to be submitted in its entirety. Just give us a good snapshot! There’s plenty of time for all those pesky details later.
- Proposal must be received by Monday, January 22, 2024
- All selected faculty will be given a special code for a $400 discount on their conference registration.
- All selected faculty will receive 2.0 CE credits towards NASMM SMM~C certification & renewal (vs. 1.0 CE credit for attending the session).
- Presenters should be limited to two (2) individuals. If you feel strongly your presentation needs additional presenters, please contact Mary Kay Buysse - email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your time and for sharing your ideas, expertise, and leadership. If you have questions, please reach out at any time.
Mary Kay Buysse
NASMM Co-Executive Director